Monday, June 8, 2009

Traveling Europe 101: Clothing and Travel Bag

How much clothing you plan to pack is all preference. Some people pack heavy and others pack light. Personally, I do my best to pack light. Facilities to wash your clothes are available everywhere, so I tend not to bring too many articles of clothing. For a three week excursion, the clothes that I bring consist of (summer months):

1 Light weather proof jacket
5 T-shirts
2 Shorts
1 Swimming shorts
2 pants
5-7 undergarments
1 set flip flops

Some Travelers like the traditional large hiking adventure backpacks, but I prefer the hybrid backpack/luggage (I have an older model in comparison to item in the link provided). It features:

A detachable day backpack
Wheels on the Main Bag
Hidden straps on the Main Bag to convert to a large backpack

At times when stairs are the only option, the backpack conversion comes in real handy. When fatigue from traveling sets in, the wheels on the bag are very useful.

No comments: